Friday, October 1, 2010

Chapter 2

This chapter and article made me really stop and think. How will we , as teachers, be sure the information our students' obtain from the web be factual? With all of the conspiracy theories and the like, how will we be sure our students learn to filter fact from fiction when many websites look very official?  I did like the Revised Taxonomy's use of verbs instead of nouns.  Learning does need to be very hands on and active. I just returned from the TAEYC conference in Chattanooga where I saw my first SMARTBOARD ! HOW COOL ! I could have played with it all day long except for the lady behind me who kept clearing her throat! Hmmm.  I must admit, I am technologically impaired and am in despair about my web page but seeing the SMARTBOARD and having a hands on experience made me re-evaluate my abilities and I am going to go back to my web page creation and try , try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment