Tuesday, November 9, 2010

cyber safety

This assignment is one that shows how scary technology can be if left unfettered !  I think it all comes down to adults using common sense.  When did parents begin to be so concerned about the privacy of their children? It is because of thought processes like that , our children pay a heavy price in being exposed to things much to early.  For instance, sexting. Well, gee, if a parent was checking their child's cell phone history , would the child really think it was a good idea? Parents want to trust their children, as I do mine, but that should not blind them to the reality.  Peer pressure can overcome even the most dependable child's good judgment. I always tell my boys, "Make me the bad guy. Tell your friends how I check your phones and your computers and that you want to continue to remain ungrounded from life". Parents need to step up and do their jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment